The Hulta Lock
Formal name: Göteborg
Year of construction: 1827
Technical facts: The lock has a rise of 3.2 metres. It is a single lock, operated with hydraulics.
The first lock keeper’s house by the Hulta lock was built in 1830, but replaced by a wooden house in 1898. In 1900, lock keeper and father of four Johan Erik Westerling lived here with his wife Anna Margaretha, daughters Paulina and Ellen Erika and sons Arvis Paul and David Albert. At the time, the house only had one room with a kitchen and an unfurnished attic. In 1995, the lock keeper’s house underwent renovation, funded by the Swedish National Heritage Board. Near the lock, on the hill to the west, lies the Hulta farmstead, built in 1837 to accommodate the Head of Mechanical Engineering, Gustaf Lagerheim.