Formal name: Vetenskaperna/The Sciences
Technical facts: This double lock has a rise of 5.1 metres. The original lock wall between the centre gates was removed in the 1960s and replaced by a wall in reinforced concrete.
The locks at Godhögen were operated by successive generations of the Jansson family for 97
years. The first of them, Jan Erik Jansson, began as a lockkeeper on 1 April 1857. In 1894, Theodor Jansson took over and was followed on 14 March 1938 by carpenter Frans Olof Jansson, who was lockkeeper until 1954.