Sjötorp, Locks 2-3
The lock keeper’s cabin at Sjötorp is a wooden cabin which was built in 1916. Here, there is also a cow shed, a wash house, a fire wood storage shed and a food cellar. The cow shed can be traced back to 1861.
Formal name: Sjötorp lock no. 2 is named Adeln (the Nobility) and no.3 is named Prästerna (the Priests).
Year of construction: Both locks were built in 1816-1817
Technical facts: This double lock covers a difference in height of 4.8 metres. The lower pair of gates are made of pinewood with cast iron beams, the middle pair is formed from wooden-boarded cast iron gate and the upper pair is made entirely out of steel sheet metal.