The Lower Lock at Duvkullen
Read about the Lower Lock at Duvkullen 's formal name, year of construction and technical facts. Learn the history!
Formal name: Gustav Lagerheim (after the Head of Mechanical Engineering for the Göta Canal Company between 1820 and 1845)
Year of construction: 1832
Technical facts: This is a single lock with a rise of 2.3 metres. It is currently operated using hydraulics, but remained manual up until 1978. The stone lock keeper’s house seen here today at the lower Duvkullen lock was built in 1899. Before that, an older house stood here. This house was later moved to Magasingatan in Söderköping where it stands to this day.