Canoeing friendly sections
1. Borensberg-Ljungsbro/Malfors Guest Harbour, 20 km
A long section without locks, with seven bridges.
2. Norsholm-Brådtom-Asplången, 6 km (2 locks)
On the way to Brådtom, there are no locks but two bridges. After Brådtom Lock you will have 3 km of canal to Lake Asplången, where you carry your canoe past the Hulta Lock to get out on the lake.
3. Söderköping-Mem, 6 km (1 lock)
This section has one lock where you will have to carry your canoe, Tegelbruket Lock.
4. Töreboda-Hajstorp, 5 km
A section without locks, with two bridges.
5. Töreboda-Tåtorp-Lake Viken, 17 km (1 lock)
Long section without locks, with four bridges. You can reach the pleasant canoeing areas of Lake Viken if you carry your canoe past the Tåtorp lock.
6. Karlsborg-Forsvik, 7.5 km + Lake Viken, approx. 23 km
A section mostly covering lakes and short stretches of canal. One lock at Forsvik. After Lake Viken you will reach the Tåtorp Lock - Töreboda canal section.