My boat was damaged during my trip. What do I do?
If you have an accident with another boater on the canal, you should resolve the issue amongst yourselves.
Should your vessel incur damage and you wish to claim compensation from the Göta Kanalbolag, immediately contact the nearest lock keeper, who will contact their management. You must remain at the site of the incident and provide your version of the events in writing on a damage report form. All vessels on the Göta Canal must at least have liability insurance.