The Garrison church

Karlsborg

The Garrison church is located on the second floor in “the last stronghold” at Karlsborgs Fotress. The church was once built as a hemicycle in case the fortress would have been put into use as intended.

The church was inaugurated the first Sunday in August 1869. The nave is in gothic style and there is room for 700 people, so that the national leadership would be able to meet here.

The Garrison church is no longer a parish church, but it´s borrowed by the assembly for Christian holydays, confirmations and weddings.

Worth to mention is the magnificent chandelier, constructed and made at the fortress. The glass cross at the aisle is made by the glass artist Erik Höglund at Boda glassworks and the tissue in the window is composed by an artist from Karlsborg named Margareta Sandberg-Hög.

Contact information

Karlsborgs Turism AB
Storgatan 65

Phone: +46-50517350
Booking: +46-50517350
Fax: +46-50517349

E-mail: info@karlsborg.se
Website: http://www.karlsborg.se/inf...

{{favourites.count()}}